<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d33040389\x26blogName\x3d%5B+This+Space+Intentionally+Blank+%5D\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thisspaceblank.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thisspaceblank.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-66347966003763416', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Chemistries of Korea

A month ago I rented the extra bedroom to a very nice Korean guy, Sungwon. Never see the guy - he is like living with a ghost. Stays in his room with the door closed. Conversations are few, since he speaks almost no english, and I'd need to actually see him to attempt conversation.

Today I came home early from work - I've gotten some nasty bug - and passed out on my bed. When I awoke, I found some pills set out in the living room with the following note:

To. Hunter
I think you caught cold.
(Maybe very strong)
This medicine is anti-cold from Korea)
After you must eat something,
(after finish-eat, 30 minutes)
DO taking this medicine please)
(each once two capsules)
It's good for you.
From. Sungwon.
The pills are 500mg capsules with Korean writing on them.

My usual approach to colds and such things is to let the body do it's work, and don't slow the process down with semi-effectual symptom treatments. Yet I'm intrigued about the prospect of taking some mystery cure from Korea. And nervous.

So do I take them?

3 Comments:

Blogger j said...

sounds familar

Morpheus : This is your _last chance_. After this, there is no turning

back.....You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up

and belive...whatever you want to believe. You take the red

pill.....you stay in wonderland...and I show you just how

deep the rabbit hole goes.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Hunter Williams said...

Well, no one felt like weighing in on my mystery pill dilemma - not even the trolls. The Matrix quote added a new dimension to my pondering, but I had no Morpheus of my own to tell me what would happen if I took the pills.

So I opted for the rabbit hole.

This was no average bug - it had me seriously spun out for days. I kept dragging my butt to work, and halfway through finding myself slumped across my desk. I finally considered going to the doctor, but didn't know where to go and my office mates didn't know either - they all go to places in their respective suburbs.

I was too wasted to look into it on thursday when I went home at noon, took the pills, and went to bed.

Woke up a few hours later humming, and unnaturally alert. I felt ready to par-tay. No symptoms except that my lungs felt like they had been scrubbed clean with bleach.

The extra sleep or the pills, or both, must have gotten me over the hump because when the symptoms came back they were much weaker and have all but gone now.

Back to the land of the living.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

Have your roommate send me some of those damn pills NOW. I'm serious.

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home